In July 2019, the IRS released a roadmap of the Taxpayer Journey through the IRS.
Here’s what it looks like:
Simple, right? The IRS admits that the map “shows the complexity of the tax administration, with its connections and overlaps and repetitions between stages.” Then they explain, “As you can see, the road to compliance isn’t always easy to navigate.”
What they don’t say is that a single ignored notice, one form box left empty, or a missed deadline could derail the ENTIRE settlement process, putting you back at the starting point — and causing delays, as your tax debt continues to grow. Not to mention that taking the wrong turn in any part of the maze could also result in enforcement action, such as tax liens, levies and paying more to the IRS than you need to.
At Landmark Tax Group, we handle everything for you, so you can rest easy knowing that seasoned IRS tax debt experts AND former IRS Agents are managing every detail of your IRS Collections case and guiding you through the maze. With us as your licensed Tax Representative, we’re the driver and you’re the passenger. All you have to do is take three simple steps. Here’s what OUR roadmap to tax relief looks like:
…That’s it! If this sounds like a better option to you, then read on to learn about our effective approach to tax relief.
Many of our clients come to us with two key questions:
1. Can you settle my IRS problem for less than I owe?
2. How long will it take?
Upon retaining Landmark Tax Group to resolve your tax issue, some of the relief will be immediate and some will be over time. It is important to keep in mind that IRS problems didn’t come about overnight and will similarly take time to resolve. The good news is that generally you won’t have to meet or speak with the IRS while we are representing you. An average IRS case can take anywhere from 3 – 12 months (or longer) depending on the amount of tax liability owed, the complexity of the case, IRS backlogs, and your individual case facts and circumstances.
If you have never been a client of ours, the first step is to call our office or come in for your confidential, no obligation FREE evaluation. During this discussion, our experienced tax resolution CPAs, Enrolled Agents, and former IRS Agents will evaluate your situation and discuss all available options for resolving your tax matter – you will be speaking directly with a licensed tax professional. This generally takes about 20-60 minutes, however we will take as much time as needed to answer all of your questions and provide you with our feedback and recommendations. During your free consultation, it is highly advisable to bring to our office or fax/email us all recent notices and correspondence from the IRS. These tax notices are always reviewed FREE of charge (whether you are an existing client or not) and will help us determine where your case stands within the IRS collection process and if an IRS enforcement action, such as a bank levy, is imminent.
Don’t live near our office? No problem, we will conduct your Free consultation by phone, email or video call – whichever you prefer. We help taxpayers all over the country.
1. RETAINING LANDMARK TAX GROUP: At the end of your free consultation you will be given the opportunity to bring us on board as your Tax Representative. We will immediately prepare and email you an Engagement Letter along with a Power-of-Attorney (POA) form, which establishes us as your Tax Representative (this Form is required by the IRS). We will then quickly file the POA form with the IRS. This will provide you with immediate relief, because from this point on the IRS will be required to contact us instead of you. If they should happen to contact you, all you need to do is politely request that they contact Landmark Tax Group directly and provide them with our contact information, including phone number (1-949-260-4770). A separate POA will be required for any State problem you have retained us for as well. Once we receive the signed Engagement Letter and POA form from you, we get started on your case right away – usually the exact same day.
2. BEGINNING THE TAX RESOLUTION PROCESS: Your case will be personally worked by a licensed CPA, Enrolled Agent and/or former IRS Agent who will work diligently on your case from start to finish. All of our tax relief experts are licensed tax professionals and are extremely qualified. We will develop a phased strategy for resolving your case and advise you on what steps to take to achieve the most effective resolution. As your tax relief professional, we will always be available to you by direct dial phone, direct e-mail, in person, and via video call. At Landmark Tax Group, we keep you apprised of your case status every step of the way, and we are always available to answer your questions and address your concerns. Most of our clients never need to initiate contact with us because we provide regular case updates as the case progresses towards a resolution. (Learn about our Firm Values and Commitment to Clients)
Speak with ex-IRS Agents
Review and Analysis of Tax Account
Achieve Best Solution
Peace of Mind
TAX REPRESENTATION INCLUDES:
3. IRS COMPLIANCE:Generally, before any negotiation/settlement will be accepted by the IRS, you must become a compliant taxpayer. Compliance means that all past due unfiled tax returns must be prepared and filed, even if you can’t pay. Compliance also means you have to be “current” on your quarterly estimated tax payments and you must be withholding at the correct rate if you are a wage earner. We are experienced in what must be done to achieve “current compliance” and will advise you accordingly. For those clients who can’t furnish records necessary to prepare your taxes, we have developed methods, in accordance with IRS regulations, for completing the preparation of tax returns in order to get them filed as soon as possible. Again, the focus here is on filing compliance, even if you cannot pay the tax due.
4. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES: Clients who achieve successful resolution of their matters have the following traits in common: They view the relationship with us as a collaborative one. They view this as a “project” that requires cooperation. They follow through, on a TIMELY basis, with our requests for information and documentation. Clients that achieve stated resolution goals return our phone calls and emails, and stay in contact with us throughout the duration of their case. We know how to resolve your case, but we need your assistance to meet strict IRS deadlines and turnaround times – this helps prevent IRS enforcement actions, such as tax liens and levies. We can anticipate most of the IRS’ demands for information (after all, we used to work there) and in a majority of cases would have already started to collect these items from you.
5. TAX SETTLEMENT NEGOTIATION: Upon completion of a thorough case analysis and financial analysis, we will propose a resolution plan to the IRS that is in your best interest and see it through to acceptance. We have an excellent IRS settlement track record and pride ourselves in obtaining the best (lowest) settlement for you under the Law (aka Tax Code). Again, the objective is to determine the best, most favorable resolution available to you based on the specific facts and circumstances of your particular case, under the Law. However, because of IRS procedures, it is rare that a proposal is accepted right away. Through diligence, persistence and follow up, we will monitor IRS actions, provide additional information to the IRS as needed, and negotiate your proposed resolution until a resolution is achieved. We will also represent you in front of the IRS Appeals Office as part of the engagement, whenever necessary.
6. TAX RESOLUTION IS REACHED: We will review the final resolution of your case by the IRS to make sure it is as agreed upon. If not, we will insist that it be changed to reflect what was agreed to. If the IRS is unwilling to do this, we will advise you as to what your options are for the next step. If necessary, we will prepare and file a timely appeal on your behalf, and represent you in front of the IRS Appeals Unit. Finally, you will be advised on what you must do in order to succeed with your resolution and to avoid future tax problems – we call this IRS Prevention Guidance. Following our advice will help keep you off the IRS radar going forward.
CALL NOW for a Free Consultation: 1 (949) 260-4770
Very good experience and glad I made the decision to use this company. Michael was professional and courteous in all of my dealings with him. My tax dilemma was quickly resolved and Michael even waived much of his normal fee. Where else have you heard of a business doing that? Without question, I would recommend Landmark Tax Group for anyone seeking a fair resolution for a tax problem.
Michael was fantastic! He understood my case very quickly, got right to work and was super prompt with communications. His professionalism and his friendly demeanor immediately put me at ease. I whole heartedly recommend contacting them if you’re in need of advice and assistance.
I received great advice in how to deal with the FTB, i don’t review often, but when someone is honest and legitimate, they do deserve a review. My questions were answered, and if i didn’t quite understand, Micheal was more than willing to give me follow-up answers to better help me. I highly recommend Landmark Tax Group, just for the mere fact that they treat you as a human being, Not a cash cow.
I had some returns from previous years to complete after receiving a hefty bill from the California Franchise Tax Board. Michael was prompt in answering my questions and very helpful and reassuring. We had several back and forth communications and this was all done for free since they do not prepare tax returns. He gave me some contacts and advice and now I’m on my way to getting my situation resolved. I’m very thankful for his advice and guidance.
While Michael’s scope of practice meant that we ultimately could not work directly to resolve the issue I was having, he was very prompt, professional, generous and kind in taking time out of his schedule to consult with me, refer me to his network of colleagues- not just once, but a second time even months after. Some professionals are just after services and compensations but Michael strikes me as someone who genuinely cares about your situation and wants to see to it that it gets resolved. These other reviews speak to that as well. You never want to be in a situation where you need to be looking up tax help, but God forbid you ever are, Michael is the person you want in your corner!
Michael and Landmark Tax Group were simply awesome. I like so many others had a year’s old tax issue arise with California FTB. I no longer live there which compounded the stress of the situation. The state had seized monies and filed a lien. After a call to an online tax relief place and some sketchy phone calls I was so happy to find Michael and immediately felt in good hands… at a time of considerable panic.
Fast forward to today and with his help I am totally debt free. He saved me $23,000
I highly recommend Michael and Landmark Tax Group
Michael Raanan is an angel! Michael went above and beyond for me. He was very knowledgeable, professional and very thorough! He is easy to talk to and amazing at what he does. I have a feeling that everyone at landmark tax group shares this way of professionalism! I highly recommend coming here for any and all of your tax help. They will help you and you will be more than pleased with them. 🙂
After calling the other highly advertised tax assistant agency’s and being disappointed with how they responded to my tax matter, I feel fortunate to have found out about the Landmark Tax Group. Michael was very understanding of my situation, and I felt very comfortable dealing with him. He was very knowledgeable and professional in handling our tax issue in a timely manner. I would highly recommend The Landmark Tax Group to anyone who needs assistance in dealing with the IRS.
Wow, just wow. I called Michael today to ask about some major tax issues I had with a defunct corporation I’d started years ago. Michael talked to me for about half an hour, walking me through options and generally helping me understand my options.
Because of him, I’m going to rest nicely tonight for the first time in weeks. It was great to hear that he used to work in IRS collections for 8 years too… which made me feel a lot more secure in his answer.
In all, I’m completely stunned by the level of service he gave to a random stranger who called in and wasn’t going to turn into any revenue for him. I have to imagine that his level of service for actual customers is unreal.
Fast, dependable, reliable, full transparency. Michael Raanan of Landmark Tax Group allayed my fears spending the rest of my senior years paying my tax debt. As a result of his extensive knowledge of the tax code, the right questions to ask, and his dedication to my case, I had information, resolution and a plan of action within 24 hours, start to finish. Amazing! I highly recommend Landmark Tax Group!
We were very pleased with the expert assistance we received from Michael Raanan at Landmark Tax Group. In a matter of months we had a resolution to our IRS tax issue. He was very knowledgeable, professional, explained things in easy to understand terminology & was very easy to discuss our tax issues with. We called around to other tax groups & just felt the most comfortable speaking & working with Michael. We are happy to recommend him & his firm.
Michael Raanan represents the highest level of professionalism, integrity, decency, and true concern for his clients. His advice every step of the way was right on target. The end result was a savings of $13,000 on my taxes.
I have already referred him to the other members of my financial team and have complete confidence in referring any clients to him. He is a shining star in his field.
Oh, did I mention how reasonable his fees are? Exceptional considering the amount of attention he provides.